Our number one mission has always been to keep you, our team, and our community safe. We are confident that our established safety protocols, which have been enhanced with COVID-19 protocols following recommendations from the CDC, OSH, and the California Dental Association, ensure this. With a service as essential to your health as dentistry is, we continue to serve our patients in a safe environment.
After several orders from the state, the county, and the city, you may have heard of (and been confused by) the following terms: stay at home, shutdown, and lockdown. As of this weekend, the LA County Order aligned with the State Regional Stay-At-Home Order.
What all this means is the ban on all gatherings of any size of people from more than one household, and the closure of indoor/outdoor dining, entertainment, and personal grooming services.
This new order does not change your access to non-urgent medical and dental care. Here’s more: a new study suggests a link between the bacteria in inflamed gums with a higher risk of COVID-19 complications, including respiratory failure. This tells us that now, even more than ever, having good oral health will support your overall health.
As a reminder below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you, your family, and our team:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers & parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration (with UV light) continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties most safely and comprehensively.
Don’t let fear stop you from getting the all-important dental care you need and deserve. We are here for you and your family.
Thank you for choosing us as your trusted oral care provider and for attending your appointments. We truly appreciate your loyalty.