Porcelain veneers, often referred to as dental veneers, are a cosmetic dentistry procedure performed to alter the surface and aesthetics of your teeth with very natural results.
Porcelain veneers are very thin porcelain shells which affix to the front and biting edges of your teeth to correct shape, size, color and alignment flaws.
Porcelain Veneers and Your Smile
Porcelain veneers are a superior option for correcting these dental issues:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Crooked teeth
Because porcelain veneers can correct a variety of dental issues, they are often included as part of a smile makeover for Glendale and Pasadena dental patients.
Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Enhancing your smile with porcelain veneers is a simple, painless process:
- Dr. Kar removes a very thin layer of enamel from your teeth to prepare the teeth to accept the veneers
- An impression of your prepared teeth is created and sent to the dental design lab to ensure your veneers are strong and beautiful
- Dr. Kar will provide temporary, but completely functional, dental veneers to wear until your permanent veneers are ready
- When your new porcelain veneers arrive, the temporary veneers are removed and the permanent veneers are placed in position on your teeth
Porcelain veneers can create an entirely new smile that will restore your self-confidence.
LUMINEERS® and Snap-On Smile®
InStyle Dental also offers two new “no prep” alternatives to traditional porcelain veneers—LUMINEERS and Snap-On Smile. LUMINEERS can give you a whiter, more beautiful smile without the shots, drilling, and loss of tooth enamel with traditional veneers. LUMINEERS are thinner than other porcelain veneers and so do not require removal of healthy tooth structure. In addition, LUMINEERS are completely reversible and are proven to last up to 20 years!
Snap-On Smile is a completely non-invasive, affordable alternative to porcelain veneers. Snap-On Smile is a quick and easy removable cosmetic dental device that can be used as a long-term smile enhancer, but is affordable enough to be a temporary solution.